Jul 11, 2011

Monday Favorites


I hope you all had a good weekend! A couple weeks ago I did a quick post on a few of my favorite things (clearly not an origional idea or anything, but still always fun!)and people really seemed to enjoy it so I thought I'd throw you a few more of the things I love.

When I put together my faves I try and give you guys a list of things that are well tested, tried and true goodies! These are not just items I've used/worn/ate once... no, no, no! Most of these items are part of my daily life and routine.

I realize this is heavily geared towards women (aside from numbers four and five), but I'm a woman and this is all I know.


This color here is Commander and Chic. I have many colors but this one in particular is a favorite of mine. Great color, great coverage, and lasts longer than most drug store nail polish. But not all Sally Hansen nail polish is this good, some of the other lines wear off super quickly...like the same day I paint them they chip. The color is a neutral, slightly mauve-y brown. A great color when you're looking for something a bit more subtle. I buy it at Target, but I'm sure it's sold at most places that carry nail polish.

Even at $30 this isn't an outrageous price for a comfy pair of yoga pants, but even with that said, I never buy these unless they're on sale. I'm perfectly happy buying whatever color is on sale, and the sale price is usually around $20. These are light weight, super comfortable, and they don't stretch out in the knee and get all slouchy looking if you wear them all day.

**Side Note- Is it just me or does anyone else find the way the models are posed on the V.S. website to be slightly obnoxious. I have a feeling the models are told "Arch your foot", and "Bend your knee" a lot during their shoots. :)

I can't say enough good stuff about this makeup. I have uneven skin tone and the coverage is amazing (without the need of foundation). I use a large brush or sponge if I'm out and about to apply the makeup. It's one of those things that I think is totally worth the $34 price tag. I buy it at Nordstroms and it usually lasts me about 3 months.

4. Trader Joe's Ice Cream Bon Bons- $3.69
Yum. I don't know what to say except they're yummy. Chocolate cookie on the bottom, with vanilla or chocolate ice cream on top, dipped in chocolate. I'll buy the chocolate ice cream ones when I'm having a sweet tooth and limit myself to one a day. Each one is 60 calories and it feels indulgent without going overboard.

5. Oxi Clean Free- $10.00
This is one good stain remover! I use this when we have food stains on clothes, grass stains on jeans, stains in our sink, grout stains... you get the idea. This stuff is good at getting out stains, so good that if you forget about the dress you have soaking in a bucket of Oxi Clean and water and leave it soaking for 5 days it will actually remove most of the color from the item as well... I know from experience.

There you have it! Enjoy your Monday and I'll be back tomorrow with more good stuff to show you.







0 comments:

Post a Comment