I grabbed a few supplies from Home Depot. I wanted to keep the project as cheap as possible so instead of spending about $15 on a quart of Behr paint and primer, I decided to buy two 7oz samples; which set me back about $6. It ended up being plenty of paint to do this small project, and I still have about 1/2 jar left over!
First thing I did was clear out the buffet (which mainly stores cook books), and wipe it down.
Then I put down a drop cloth (I use an old table cloth), and propped up the buffet on four cans of old paint. Best part of all... I only needed one coat of paint, and the whole thing took about an hour to finish.
Here it is, along with all the new picture frames I just put up that still need... uh, pictures!
I'm really liking it against the wall with all the frames, and the change of color helped break up all the white and beige going on in my living room.