Sep 22, 2011

Rogers Room Redo {Part 3}



I'm back to show you the after picture of Kristin's bedroom. If you missed out on part 1 & part 2, check those out first! Let me remind you of what the room looked like before we got going.

Here's the before...


and...


 here's what it's looking like today! 

New bed, picture wall, windows hung, side table, dresser, paint...


The gray walls are just perfect!

Just to the left as you walk in the room we hung 2 old windows on the wall. She may put something in the windows one day (such as photos, maps, book pages, etc) but until then, they look pretty good just as they are.


Don't ya just love the picture wall? It's fun, different, and kinda quirky (pretty much just like Kristin!). Between the two of us we already had all of the frames. Also on the wall is an old vent cover (from this lovely lady), a metal owl, and a painting done by her daughter, Madison.

The chair that is being used as a side table was a $2.00 garage sale find.


And that bed! I found this stunning, antique bed frame on Craigslist for $99. Kristin loved it and bought it as quickly as she could. Then I kicked myself for not keeping it! I'm kidding, it was meant to be theirs, it's just too cute and perfect in that room.

We also added a new, white, $10 curtain to cover their closet opening.


Here is the repainted dresser ($40 + cost of paint). We also added an old dress form which she hangs necklaces on, and a pallet shelf I had lying around to store some books. The painting was a wedding gift to them done by a dear friend, Jen.


We reused a small cabinet they previously had in their room as a nightstand for the other side of the bed. Then hung a small cluster of mini frames, and covered the top of the cabinet with a yellow lace doily ($3 thrift store find).


Here's the breakdown-

Wood Antique Bed Frame- $99.00
Paint & Supplies- $60.00
Curtain- $10.00 (gift from me)
Dresser- $40.00
Yellow Lace Doily- $3.00
White Side Chair- $2.00 (gift from me)
Windows- $10.00 (already owned)

Total- $224.00 ($202.00 was the actual out of pocket cost!)


Not too bad, huh! $200 for a whole new room, including a new bed!! There are still a few odds and ends I would like to throw in there, but no hurry, it looks so great just as it is.

I hope you and Jon love your room.


3 comments:

  1. Okay this looks so adorable and refreshing! You two did an amazing job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic and so inspiring.
    And I love, love, love that dresser color.
    What can I put that on? Hmmm....
    Great work!
    Love from,
    Greta

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just stumbled across your blog and saw this room makeover and you did an amazing job!! I LOVE all the antiques and random garage sale finds! My husband and I are always looking at thrift stores, garage/estate sales, antique stores to see what we can find next... definitely impressed!

    my blog: www.thelifeofanotsoordinarywife.com

    ReplyDelete